Thursday, January 15, 2009

I am just in a SUPERB mood.

I don't know what my problem is, but I'm ready to do like Eve in Wall-E and just start blowin shit up.

I'm tired of ringing phones.
I'm tired of pissed off clients.
I'm over being cold in Florida.
I'm WAY over not having any normal people in this town to hang out with, other than my boyfriend and Dozer (which, bt, is not a problem, it would just be nice to grow the group at some point).
When did my attitude take a nose dive, today? Wtf.

Another comic strip to add to the Dalton collection. The following is from Day 4:

Skirted person meanders into the office while I’m making a call to replace toner.

Me: “Good afternoon, one second!”

Skirted person: (Fiddles by awards/trophies like Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight)

Me: (Putting phone on hold) “I’m sorry, ma’am… can I help you with something?”

Skirted person: (Yanks on office door)

Me: “Can I help you?”

Skirted person: (slowly walks towards me, now I can see that the barrette is holding a fake weave, the skirt is tattered, sunglasses are on inside the office, and……….SURPRISE! Skirted person is a MAN!) “What kind of agency is this?”

Me: “We do advertising and marketing.”

Skirted MAN: “Do you do demographics?”

Me: “What.”

Skirted MAN: (Turns around and leaves, leaving his FRESH aroma in his wake. And when I say fresh….. I mean I reached down for the bottle of Room Freshening Spray in Citrus Fresco that Ammy left behind).

Happy Day 4 to me.


The sad thing is that this is literally what happens. This isn't even exaggerating just for being funny. I wish I were a drawer (draw-er, drawwer, one who draws, not the sliding cabinet), so I could whip some funny shit on the fly.


So despite my bad mood... my mood just increased 217 points because I just got PAIDDDD TODAY! Turns out not having a state tax is THE BOMB for my check! WOOT!

2 comments:

  1. Eric B. & Rakim "Paid In Full"

    By the way, I'm seriously thinking you should write down all of these random encounters and send them to me. I've been having images of randoms skits I could be filming. It'd be a web-series. I'm serious. No joke. Do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I mentioned how I love that your blog has a content warning before you enter it. Fantastic. Also, here's what ranks in my life.

    1 - NBA Games
    2 - Bobbleheads (minus LeBron James bobblehead)
    3 - Fresh breath and/or smooth skin
    4 - Leonardo Da Vinci's "Vitruvian Man"
    5 - Birthday

    I have my priorities set, damn it.

    ReplyDelete