Friday, January 16, 2009

FRIDAY IS MY FAVORITE

Okay, so maybe not my absolute favorite. But nothing beats that YESSSSSS ITS ALMOST TIME FOR THE WEEKEND feeling when you're winding down in the office on a Friday afternoon. It's this weird excitement, even though you probably have absolutely diddly to actually do all weekend... that's just the point. Nothing. To. Do. Other than play with the puppy, and hang out with the BF and some friends, of course. Andddd lay around with a beer in hand.

So, on the note of getting out of the office for the weekend. Here is my story for the week in the life of a phone girl downtown Jacksonville.

Flannelled man walks in with a limp after peering into window at me.

Flannel: Hiya ma’am yallshirn?
Me: Hi there, can I help you?
Flannel: Yes ma’am, yallshirnmnn?
Me: What was that, I’m sorry?
Flannel: Yallshirnmnmm!
Me: What.

JoAnn walks around corner.

JoAnn: Can I help you?
Flannel: Yallshirnmmn?
JoAnn: Excuse me?
Flannel: (hands over a crumpled sheet of paper) I need your signature. I gots to keep my food stamps comin. Yall any jobs?
JoAnn: No we do not.
Flannel: Well I need your signature. I neejatuh sign dis. Right here! Sign dis sayin I came in tuh get a job and you said no! I gots tuh keep my food stamps comin. I gots to eat!
JoAnn: I’m not signing your paper, you didn’t apply for anything.
Flannel: I GOTS TO EAT! Just sign this paypuh sayin I came in for a job! You don’t have no job! I need my stamps! I just gots to get 12 signatures.
JoAnn: (Stares at him, his aroma filling the air like a wet dog tearing into a garbage bag of leftover eggs) I’ll sign your paper. Don’t come back.
Flannel: Thank you ma’am! Thank you! Happy new year!

NO ONE SAYS HAPPY NEW YEAR 2 WEEKS INTO THE NEW YEAR. TAKE YOUR STANK AND YOUR STAMPS AND GET THE F OUT.

Yep. That all happened. Like I said, I need to make a comic strip and mail it around to the office. Apparently I'm the office riot, too bad this shit is true and not just a made up funny joke. I guess it makes it funnier.

On another note. Justin clued me into PF blogs. I think I might start a second blog alongside this project, one focused on becoming debt free. I'm serious about it, and it sounds so motivational. And I think posting a blog and tracking my results may get me even more motivated. If only I could get my cards gone to $0 within a few months, I'd be able to focus on the student loan and car payoffs only. That would be AMAZING. Not to mention a personal wedding fund that would be nice to have started.

ENJOY THE WEEKEND EVERYONE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEEEEEEJ AND HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY TO MY BRO!

1 comment: